Monday, August 1, 2011

Opportunities abound. 
Networking, marketing and growing my practice. 

It's been a while since I've posted an article. Business has been steadily growing. My clientele is regular, in that they return to receive massage regularly, not in terms of their bowel movements. Although, massage does improve digestion. :) 

An update for those of you who are not aware. I am working 2 half days and one full day at my practice on Burnside and supplementing with work at a chiropractic office weekday afternoons. 
I am writing because I have come to realize that I will be more happy and satisfied with my work if I transition into having my own practice full-time. My attention and focus are split when I am working in two places.  Not to mention the fact that I much prefer working for myself.

Part of the challenge for me lies in finding a balance while I transition out of the chiropractic office. Financially I have requirements that need to be met before I can move fully into my own practice. At the same time, there are time and energy restrictions on how much I can put into the business while also working for someone else. 

This is not new. I have been here before; juggling my commitments, priorities and dreams.  However, this time around I am curious about how it will unfold rather than stressed at why it's not happening right now

These past 2 years, as my bearings and confidence have grown stronger, I have grown personally and professionally, learned more than I realize and have come closer to being an independent entrepreneur.

I will be taking Sharon Roemmel's "Beyond Random Acts of Marketing 2011" class and am looking forward to developing a marketing strategy to further the growth of my practice. More updates on that to come.

Here's to becoming a full-time business owner and massage therapist!
Thank you for your support and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment