Monday, October 19, 2009

First 10 days as an LMT & 1st draft of business cards

I've been an LMT officially since Oct. 8th, 2009.  I've given 2 massages, had 2 job interviews, one cancellation, one I had to reschedule, my first attempt at a business/financial plan and lots of congratulations.  A great start. I'm learning a lot already.

The plan is to work part-time for myself out of my home and part-time for someone else, preferably a chiropractic office or other natural medicine clinic.

The 2 job interviews were very different.  The first interview was for a 60/40 split or lease, but the Salon was looking for someone with an established clientele, which I do not have.  The second was a group interview at a Salon and Spa.  They asked interesting questions, such as: If you could be any animal what would you be and why?  What food would you be and what would make people like you?  What's your favorite movie?  As far as interviews go, this was the most educational because I was able to listen to diverse responses to the classic interview questions. At this point I'm waiting to hear back from them, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

This past week I caught a cold.  One of the first in years, no exaggeration, I can't remember the last time I had a head cold.  I canceled what would have been my 3rd appointment.  It was a struggle to make that decision, but I'm glad I did.  Taking care of myself, my client and making sure I am able to give 100% in each massage felt good (after I got over the initial guilt trip thanks to my superwoman alter ego).

The business cards are coming along (Thank you, Yancey!) and I've been procrastinating on writing the text for my website.  Your input on the cards is appreciated.  Please, tell me what you think! (I'm partial to #6, but think I'd like a circle instead.)



No comments:

Post a Comment