Saturday, September 12, 2009

Patience

I may choose to go back in time and write about Shiatsu Clinic, Thai Massage, Hot Stone Therapy and other fantastic classes and experiences I had while in school at OSM.  However, right now I feel it's more important to focus on what I'm creating, not where I've been.  So far this blog has helped me to move into a new space as I transition from massage student to LMT.


I'm waiting for the state of Oregon to send me a date to take the practical exam so I can become licensed.  I've completed school, taken the written exam, been CPR certified, turned in the application, the last pieces are falling into place.


Update: Oregon practical exam is scheduled for Sept. 29th!


Things to do while waiting:
  • marketing materials - business card, website, opening flier/announcement, constant contact e-mails?
  • look for a place to work 1-2 days a week while I get my practice up and running - possibilities: acupuncturists, massage co-op, chiropractic clinic
  • check and refill my supplies - oil, linen, blankets
  • create filing system for client info and a way to keep track of income/expenses (Quicken?)
  • give free practice massages :)
  • study kinesiology and practice for the practical
Things to do once I'm licensed:
  • E-mail everyone I know, include special offer and link to website.
  • Register new business with the state.
  • Create a separate bank account for business.
  • Place my cards/fliers around town and give to businesses and people I know.
  • Talk to random people and tell them they need a massage :-)
I'll keep adding to this. Let me know if you can think of something I haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment